Simon Cowell – “I have NEVER heard anything like this in ALL the years I’ve been doing this show! THIS is why we made this show. To find people like YOU!”
David Foster – “I have never ever heard such a powerful voice from someone so young. Everybody will know your name!”
Michael Bolton – “She is amazing! Fantastic voice! What a gift from God!”
Laura Bretan was born in Chicago on April, 7th, 2002.
Encouraged by her mother, Laura started singing in church when she was 4 years old and started to participate in – and win – many singing competitions. At the same time, she started to study the piano.
Winner of “Romania’s Got Talent” in June of 2016, she dedicated her performances to the beloved grandfather she lost in January of that year.
The same year, from a pool of more than 100,000 applicants, Laura qualified as a finalist for “America’s Got Talent”. During Laura’s televised audition performance, she earned the coveted “Golden Buzzer” from the former Spice Girl Mel B, which sent her straight to the “America’s Got Talent” live shows.
Since that time, Laura has become a media sensation. NBC, CBS, Windy City Live, WGN, and WCIU are among the TV stations that invited and interviewed Laura. She was featured in Today’s Show articles, People magazine, E!, CNN, Country Living, NBC online, the Chicago Tribune, and many other media.
Laura performs around the world. Just a few highlights:
- Laura has performed the National Anthem for the White Sox and Chicago Bulls on several occasions and has been invited throughout the U.S. to sing the anthem, which she considers the highest honor! She also performed in various official occasions the national anthems of Romania and Israel.
- Laura has performed a number of times with David Foster. After they performed together in Beverly Hills for the FDIF Gala, he said: “I have never ever heard such a powerful voice from someone so young. Everybody will know your name!”
- Laura has performed with the amazing Il Volo tenors, Michael Bolton, Toto Cutugno, Ricchi e Poveri , Ethan Bortnick, with Andrea Bocelli’s son, Matteo Bocelli, with Victor Micallef, a member of the famed group “The Tenors,” and in a line up with Jay Leno and Trisha Yearwood.
- Laura has performed at The Romanian Athenaeum special event “Shema, Israel!”- celebration of 70 years of Israel’s independence.
Helping others is one of Laura’s most important missions.
She has donated some of her past winnings — including her Apollo Theater competition in NY — to the “Safe Haven” foundation to help the homeless.
She was also chosen as the Ambassador of Star of Hope International, an organization that helps children with disabilities, orphans and the poor. The foundation currently helps 44,000 children worldwide.
Laura also performed at many fundraising events, including:
- Duchenne Syndrome fundraiser (with David Foster)
- Cancer Research Gala (organized by Cancer Treatment of America)
- The Happy Hearts Foundation” Gala
- The Parachute Gala (Toronto, Canada)
- The Shrine Hospital (supported by Arts4kids)
- Anniversary Gala of Project Harmony at Opera Omaha
- University of Chicago Cancer Research Foundation gala.
- The 100th-anniversary celebration of Boystown in Omaha
Laura is a sensation in Romania and Europe, where:
- She was featured as a special guest on “The Voice Jr.”
- Laura performed several times at “Sala Palatului” (4,000 cap), the most prestigious venue in Bucharest, România and in Piata Constitutiei, in front of the Parliament House for a 30,000 crowd.
- Laura performed in many other cities of Romania (Cluj, Timisoara, Arad, Oradea, Satu Mare, Baia Mare, Galati, Braila, Craiova etc.) with local philharmonic orchestras
- She also performed in Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, U.K. etc
- She was classified 2nd in the Final National Selection for Eurovision Song Contest 2019, with the song “Dear Father”
Laura has even appeared in a film, “An Aria for Albrights”. Laura played the character of Anne, the lead role. The movie premiered at the Louisiana Film Festival.
Laura has received numerous awards. Just a few include:
- “The Voice of An Angel” award from A Safe Haven Foundation
- The “Excellence Award” in Rome, Italy, from Pro Patria
- “Noi Sustinem Excelenta!” from Occidentul Romanesc in Spain.
- Honorary citizen of Vama (Satu Mare, Romania) – city of origin of her father
Laura is currently homeschooled and plans to study music in college. She speaks English and Romanian fluently. Also Italian and French and she sing in English, Romanian, Italian, Spanish, Latin and Hebrew language.
When she’s not singing on stages around the world, Laura is a typical teenage girl! She loves learning new songs, studying music, going to church, playing with her siblings and cousins, reading and traveling.
With the God-given talent of her remarkable voice, Laura is thrilled that she has been able to bring joy to so many people’s hearts. Laura’s viral performances have reached tens of millions of people around the globe, and she receives countless messages on social media telling her about the impact her performances have had in their lives and how so many of her performances brought them to tears. Laura’s upcoming plans include recording an album, more touring, meeting her fans from around the world, and continuing her mission to help people in need!